The Communications Manager will play a lead role in developing Zenith’s brand and reputation. Working to the Global Communications plan, they will be involved in a wide range of communications, content and PR activities. The Communications Manager will both support the major projects undertaken by the department and lead specific key projects.
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Head of Global Communications. The Communications Manager will share in the responsibility of managing the work undertaken by the Communications Assistant.
The Communications Manager must have excellent organisational skills and be able to multi-task. The Communications Manager must have sound writing and editing skills, and be able to turn their hand to the different types of written material produced by the Communications department. They must have experience of managing social media activities: working to a plan, coordinating content, coming up with ideas, and monitoring news/events that can fuel our social commentary. The Communications Manager will have experience of managing PR activities and working with journalists.
- Social Media – Lead Zenith’s global social media activation and coordination: working to a plan, generating ideas, monitoring news, and sharing in the duties of commissioning and editing content.
- Internal communications – Lead and assist with the management and production of internal communications (alerts, newsletters, ad hoc communication, films)
- PR – Work with the Head of Global Communications on the creation of press releases and distribution of press material to markets and English-speaking journalists (predominantly UK). They will share in the duties of global media relations.
- Thought leadership – Lead and assist with the editing and production of research reports, white papers, forecasts (when relevant) and other thought leadership material
- Conferences (external) – Lead and assist with conference and festival activities (coming up with ideas for presentations, working with leaders on storytelling and the creation of narratives and presentation materials)
- Website – Co-manage the content on Zenith’s global website.
- Awards – Work with the rest of the Comms team and Worldwide planners to manage our internal awards, and to work with markets and leaders on the entries across all external awards.
- Conferences (internal) – Lead and assist with Zenith conferences (coming up with ideas for presentations, working on ideas for storytelling, working with media partners, creating presentation materials)
- Partnerships – Work with the comms director on activating marketing/communications partnerships with vendors and trade bodies (eg WFA, Google etc). This could cover sponsorship, events and thought leadership.