This is management role within the Digital Planning and Display arm of the Performics. It is a fantastic opportunity to widen their channel experience. Integral to this position is the background in performance media. You will impact the performance planning and be looking to take on this role in the team and contribute to the culture.
As Account Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the team are driving results, whilst also looking for new opportunities to grow the business beyond what they are already doing. The team also has one Account Executive and one Account assistant (6 months experience), who will report directly in to you. You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of their work, whilst also supporting their progression and development.
Digital Performance Planning and Display has a unique and diverse range of skill sets, made up of digital media specialists, ad technologists and digital designers, making this team a very exciting one to join. This is a team that has developed a reputation for setting the benchmark of excellence in execution and reporting across Performics for digital campaign activation.
Depending on each client’s individual objectives, Digital Performance Planning and Display teams are responsible for the exceptional delivery of both ‘Brand’ focused media planning and buying – typical objectives for these campaigns revolve around attitudinal shifts, consideration, engagement, etc. and more traditionally ‘DR’ (direct response) focused solutions, with strict outcome based targets like quality traffic, sales, or actions. At manager level you will ideally have had valuable exposure to both approaches, as well as having worked alongside PPC and Social team to ensure you understand what influence they have on overall digital performance – this role is focused primarily on those with a Performance/DR background.
There are 3 core teams of three, each looking after 1 flagship account and various medium/smaller sized accounts. Most digital display teams are made up of an Account Manager (this role), one Senior Executive and one Executive, reporting in to an Account Director and Head of Display who work across the department.
This team will work in conjunction with the communications planning team and a Business Director, who heads up specific client accounts. All Digital Display accounts are supported by the Programmatic Activation Team and discipline specialists across the group, including social, analytics, research, content and search teams.
We are a dynamic team with a strong belief that digital should be at the heart of every advertising campaign. We understand the role of all media, and the impact digital can have on those other channels and vice versa. We have an excellent working knowledge of the tools needed to account and prove ROI for our clients’ activity.
As a Digital Account Manager you will report directly into the team’s Account Director. The role is to lead the day to day running of your client’s digital display media activity in the UK, as well as to contribute to the team and company on a wider level.
Specifically, you will be charged with:
- Establishing yourself as the key Digital Planner and Display contact, both internally and externally
- Delivery of best practice planning and buying product
- Expert understanding of media market dynamics
- Cascading best practice down to more junior team members
- Team leadership, development and well-being
We are looking for someone who can come in and immediately make an impact. This will be both in terms of applying industry knowledge (and sharing this with the team) to create great campaigns and providing guidance to those with less experience. You will be confident with clients and clear in delivering our agency point of view and recommendations. The successful candidate will hold a fully-rounded knowledge of digital media buying and delivery, and have:
- Strong leadership qualities, to include experience in team management
- Great negotiation skills and commercial appreciation
- A solid understanding of programmatic opportunities and state of the market
- Excellent relationships with media owners
- The ability to learn new processes and technology quickly, including knowledge of adservers and viewability solutions, DMPs and third party data
- The ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; working under pressure and prioritise workload
- Passion for the brand and industry
- A proactive approach to guiding and facilitating training for less experienced colleagues
- Natural creative flair
- Excellent English communication skills – written and spoken
- 3-4+ years relevant experience
The candidate should also be:
- Proven ability in planning and buying from an activation, performance or account management perspective
- Familiar with a range of media technology (will have worked with standard ad servers i.e. Sizmek, DoubleClick, Flashtalking and Viewability products e.g. Integral AdScience)
- Able to use Google Analytics at a proficient level and understand how we can leverage audiences within the Google stack
- Capable of building comprehensible media plans in-line with client’s marketing calendar and adjusting investment to reach maximum goals
- Comfortable talking about the range of media opportunities and creative formats , connecting with audiences across desktop, video, tablet, mobile and native
- A people person with ability to communicate to those at all levels who will have various levels of digital knowledge
- Hands on, with problem solving abilities and a “can do” approach (someone who is a thinker and a doer)
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Eager to find new and innovative ways of meeting client objectives
- Interested in and experienced with technology to drive innovation across retail and travel